Barbican Centre

Honestly, when I first heard this word it just remind me of the word 'barbar' or 'barbarian'. The morning I arrived in our London flat, my husband took us for a tube trip through Barbican Station. I notice this big building complex in dark brown as an old place but not typical english historical establishment. Totally not interesting. I only read slightly somewhere that Barbican was built as a divider between the financial/business district and cultural in the city of London. After few months living just 5 minutes walking distance from this place, I get to realize this big news that "The Barbican is Europe's largest multi-arts and conference venue presenting a diverse range of art, music, theatre, dance, film and creative learning events. It is also home to the London Symphony Orchestra." Oh my! I went in there accidentally, just because Jasmine's class teacher listing library near us, one of them is this the Barbican library. When I get in there, my view about this place has totally changed. It is an old building, but inside its so cozy. They even have a lake inside, with a reasonable size!
For a place with so many world class performances, this place is really humble. Some of the west-end famous theater apparently first showed here. Definitely no more association with the Barbarian, instead if we live in London for a bit longer I'll consider to be a member for its cheapest movie screening in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mendarat di Bandara Luar Negeri Tanpa Bingung

Aturan Imigrasi Thailand Untuk Long Term Stay

Drama Goblin (lokasi syuting dan pernak pernik).